Big Cats Drive Thru in Mauritius (Casela Park)
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||The Drive Thru activity can be done at these times: 09:00 / 10:00 / 11:00 / 13:30 / 14:30 / 15:30|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Big Cats Drive Thru in Mauritius (Casela Park)
Join the only Safari Big Cats Drive Thru in Mauritius and meet the lions, tigers and caracals at the famous Casela Park!
The Casela Park is famous for its big cats, and the Big Cats Drive Thru presents a wonderful opportunity to photograph lions, caracals and tigers.
During the activity, the park’s guide will provide interesting information on the big cats, their behavior and habitat while also sharing their own personal experience on working alongside these remarkable animals.
The Big Cats Drive thru makes for a thrilling and exciting day out during your holiday in Mauritius and a must do when visiting the Casela park. It will surely add an African touch to the visit of the Casela Park.
About the Big Cats Drive Thru activity
You will start the activity at the Big Cats' grounds, meeting your driver and guide for the trip, later boarding the fenced Safari vehicle.
On this fantastic tour, on-board the Safari vehicle, you will be taken into the Big cats' grounds in search of the big cats.
As the engine fires up and while the ranger opens the secured gates, you will be able to hear the roars in the far background.
The first stop is to see the Bengal tigers, including the impressive white tiger. Casela is home to one of the rarest species of tiger in the world.
It is not long before you will come to the most famous big cat: the lion. Lions do a lot of sleeping, but if you are lucky, you will see them striding majestically about their terrain or paying around. This is your chance to get some once in a lifetime photographs of these fantastic big cats.
Moving forward, you will also get to see the caracals; they normally look up when they will hear the sound of the safari vehicle; offering good opportunities to take pictures.
All in all this Big Cats' Drive thru promises to deliver a fun, exciting and memorable wildlife experience in Mauritius.
- The timing for the Drive Thru Trip can be done at these times: 09:00 / 10:00 / 11:00 / 13:30 / 14:30 / 15:30
- Approximate duration of the entire visit to the park: 3 – 5 hours
- Duration of the Drive Thru activities: 45 minutes
- The Drive Thru activity is offered participants of all ages.
- There is no contact with the Big cats and you view them only from the safety of the fenced vehicle.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
Important: The Big Cats Drive Thru Trips are done at the Yemen Reserve which is part of Casela Nature Park. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Drive Thru together with the entry tickets to the park.
About the Casela World of Adventures: The Mauritius Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Visit to the park includes
- Toboggan (Avalanche Mines) - a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster – an adrenaline-inducing alpine coaster that runs along 800m. Perfect for all thrill seekers. It can be ridden solo or in tandem.
- Walk thru the aviary - Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo - This great value tour lets you find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes, white rhinoceros, impalas and kudus during a unique safari tour on-board one of the safari vehicles.
- Big Cats Kingdom - For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, caracal and tigers.
- Giraffe and pygmy hippo viewing - Come face to face with these majestic animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel and llama viewing - Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Monkey Kingdom - have some fun watching the long-tailed monkeys skip and hop about, in their enriched, natural habitat.
- Kid’s playground - A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- 3D Interactive Map and 4D Cinema
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster: Riders can go solo as from 12 years old (minimum height 1m40) or in tandem. Those under 4 years old should be accompanied by an adult
- The park is closed on the 25th December and 1st January
Additional activities offered at the Park
- Walk with Lions
- Segway Safari Trip
- Safari Quad Biking
- Big Cats Interactions
- Zip Lines Excursion
- Interaction with Rhinos
Exclusive Drive Thru with the Big Cats (Optional)
For more exclusivity, we offer our clients, the opportunity to take their Drive Thru with the Big Cats in maximum privacy, only you, these amazing big cats and their keepers.
You will be accompanied by a personal guide; receive personal care and guidance from the big cats’ keeper and benefit from various extras.
Included in the Exclusive Drive Thru with the Big Cats package:
- Private Drive Thru in the Big Cats enclosure (45 mins)
- DVD with pictures and videos of your Drive Thru experience
Benefit from an exclusive discount in a group of 9 people or more!
Shared Basis Drive Thru: 11 Euro / person
Exclusive Drive Thru:
- (1-8 pax): 190 Euro
- (9-20 pax): 290 Euro
Visit of the Casela World of Adventures Park (Entry tickets):
- Price per Adult: 22 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 4-12): 15 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-3): Free of charge
3rd time we have used mauritius attractions - always excellent professional service.