St Brandon Diving Safari - 10 Days Diving Adventure
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||10 days cruise experience|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
This activity is not available until further notice
Exclusive Safari Diving Experience in St. Brandon
This special 10 days diving trip to St. Brandon is all about doing the extraordinary, discovering a true heaven on earth with various astonishing species and having a lifetime memorable experience.
- Looking for a new diving experience?
- Ready to discover the only sea reserve in Indian Ocean which is has been untouched by human?
- Ready for a unique 10-days Dive Vacation on a comfortable 50ft Luxurious Catamaran?
Then our new adventure is perfect for you! During this journey, we will bring you to the very best dive spots .
On-board a luxurious 50 feet catamaran you would head for about a 30 hours of sailing reaching the remote virgin island of St. Brandon for the best diving experience of your life.
The islets of St Brandon are regionally important for their seabird populations, Green Turtle nesting sites and are sanctuary for sharks, rays and many big fish!
All visitors of St. Brandon are amazed by the nature beauty of the islets and the St Brandon’s Atoll is exactly a miracle for truly sophisticated discoverers
About your 10 days journey to St. Brandon on board our Luxurious Catamaran:
- Embark on our Magnificent, fully equipped luxury catamaran, escaping from civilization
- Spend your days exploring the multitude of pure white sand flats and broken coral islands, all of which are full of bonefish
- Have the Ultimate Diving Experience have normally 3 dives per day (depending on the weather)
- Enjoy full board meal plans, mixed Creole and International food prepared by our very skilled chef
- Benefit maximum safety, diving accompanied by a senior professional diving instructor.
- Opportunities to observe turtle nesting
About the Diving Experience at St. Brandon
From blue turquoise lagoon, to passes, to sea cliffs to undiscovered sites, the underwater world of St Brandon has a lot to offer and to discover! Sharks, turtles and rays always come around with curiosity to observe divers. Welcome to new diving adventure in an uncharted destination!
All the diving sites are very lively and colourful. In terms of tropical fauna, you will have the opportunity to discover Parrot fish, Trigger fish, the Babone which is a unique fish at St Brandon and some interesting species of nudibranch.
Manta rays have been spotted in St Brandon, with chance you might come across this beautiful giant and inoffensive creature. Pelagic fish as big tuna, king fish, barracudas are common on all dives.
Due to the isolation of this destination, for security all our dives are done in average as from 10 to 20 meters to avoid any risk of decompression. Moreover we had found that life is really abundant in these depths.
Please note that dive sites can be often changed due to weather and sea conditions. We are very vigilant on diving security therefore it is our professional diving instructor that will choose dive sites on the actual day.
Scuba diving in St Brandon is accessible for everyone and we do also offer the opportunity for non divers to discover the underwater world through diving. For those without any previous diving experience, it is possible to have your PADI diving course done as part of the cruise, enabling to enjoy both an unforgettable cruise experience, as well as obtaining your diving license.
St Brandon Dive Site
Diving at the Southern Part of the St Brandon archipelago
As the cruise starts its great journey in the Southern Part of the archipelago, two sites that you might explore are:
- “Shark Point” as the name define the site, sharks are seen on a regular basis, grey sharks and reef sharks are the most common, but with there is also a good chance to observe tiger or bulldogs sharks. Moreover the Shark Point offers the beautiful opportunity to observe green turtles. This site is mostly known for its abundance of its tropical fauna than for its corals.
- “Umbrina” : This site offers a beautiful topography and a nice colourful fauna. Sharks, rays and turtles are generally seen. Tropical fish as parrot fish, trigger fish and babones are always on the spot.
Diving Sites in the Western Part of the St Brandon archipelago
The scuba diving escapade will continue along the west part of St Brandon. There are few dive sites around two islets called Fregate and Perle Island.
There are few high points and reefs that are interesting to discover. When diving there, you are sure to encounter many big fish, including also sharks, turtles and rays.
Diving Sites in the North Part of the St Brandon archipelago
The northern side of St Brandon, you will discover amazing lively passes. These dives are generally drift dives and are surprisingly lively. Barracudas, giant king fish, tunas are often seen. Sharks, turtles and rays are also regular visitors of these passes. The lagoon on that side of the archipelago offers amazingly colourful dives. You will have the wonderful opportunity to discover corals which are perfectly intact and coral and marine life around which is in abundance.
Diving Sites in the Eastern Part of the archipelago
Your beautiful scuba diving adventure generally ends in the eastern part of St Brandon. Some of the key dive sites are:
- “Passe Gayane” is one of our sites which offer fascinating drift dive experience. As all the passes, this dive is home of many pelagic fish such as the Giant Trevally, King Fish, Tunas and Barracudas. Curious sharks can be seen around. Opposite the current, Eagle Rays are often seen filling themselves with planktons.
- “DaVinci” is a marvelous site with an outstanding topography. With the exposure of the breaking of waves, the rocks have been formed into channels and gorges. When the visibility is perfect, the site is spectacular! Don’t need to precise that sharks, rays and turtles are always around!
To end up the cruise perfectly, a stop at Paul’s island is a must! Take your snorkel equipments and discover the amazing population of turtles and rays. Paul’s island is also an ideal place to enjoy some rest and relaxation before heading back to the Mauritius mainland.
About St. Brandon
Saint Brandon’s (Also known as Cargados Carajos Shoals) is a group of over 50 small islands, coral ridges and vast sand flats which is cut by three major passes and extends 50 km from north to south.
Situated 268 nautical miles north-east of Mauritius’s main island this area is rich in fish stocks, flora and fauna. The magnificent condition of the coral reefs and the lobster infested outer reefs is the proof that except the small population of Creole natives who live on Raphael Island in the northern area, there has been very little human interference at St. Brandon since its have been first discovered.
For many years foreigners were restricted from visiting St Brandon shores, but thankfully, the red tape has finally been cleared to allow us to offer this unique trip on-board the most luxurious catamaran for both Mauritians and foreigners to discover St Brandon.
About the Luxury Catamaran
This is the most luxurious catamaran currently operating in Mauritius and it usually used by our VIP clients for either day charters or overnight cruises. The unique catamaran Luxury Lagoon 500 catamaran was built by special request in France in 2011, available for freight in Mauritius. The boat is like a top class hotel, offering all the possible facilities and features as well as has 4 luxury cabins.
Cabins are very spacious with the high top design. Catamaran planning/orientation is made in the most convenient way and wholly suited to holidays of the most demanding clients.
The Luxury Catamaran is equipped with all the extras like air-conditioners, water tanks, water cooler, ice maker, TV, DVD with excellent variety of films and music for any taste, 4 comfortable cabins, each set with bathroom, completely equipped kitchen and basically all that you can think of, making sure you have an enjoyable cruise experience and an unforgettable trip to St Brandon.
In order to bring into life almost all fantasies about exotic gastronomy, the catamaran is equipped with top notch equipment such as: 4 burner gas cooker, double-side sink, 4 refrigerators, 2 freezers, oven, microwave oven, bread baker and other kitchen Household appliances. You will get to enjoy the delicious food while sitting by a perfect dinning table, placing 8 people together in maximum comfort.
The upper deck is an ideal place for spending the day enjoying the great views all around, for sunbathing and for having good discussions. On the edge of the catamaran you will find a table, minibars and spacious hammocks.
All this and many more great facilities are available on-board for guaranteeing top luxurious cruise experience and for your maximum comfort, fun and entertainment.
Luxury Accomodation onboard
When you first enter any of the cabins, you will notice the harmony alliance of space and light. The catamaran interior is decorated by luxurious light wood. Brand porthole,placed all around the perimeter, creates the feeling of lightness. For both ventilation and light, there are 4 huge hatch located on the roof.
For the best comfort and relaxation, there is a king-size L-shape sofa, a lounge area and also a TV area with a LCD television as well as stereo system for you to watch movies and enjoy your favorite music playing throughout the day.
The catamaran can accommodate maximum of 8 people, sharing 4 double cabins. All cabins are very spacious with separate toilets and showers. Each cabin is fully air conditioned and equipped with LCD TV, DVD and audio system. Due to removable partition, beds can be easily modified from one big double beds to two twins beds. All cabins have en-suite shower room and toilets. The cabins also have a huge illuminator that enables you to enjoy gorgeous sea view as well as enables the natural light to come inside.
To summarize - Honestly it would be impossible to find in Mauritius any better boat for having this great 10-days cruise adventure!
Technical details and equipment
- Catamaran measurements: Length 16.54m , Width 8.52m
- Engine 2 x 75 HP - engine Capacity 1000 L
- Water Capacity 1000 L
- Air Condition System
- 2 Power Generators (12W/220W)
- 2 Solar Batteries
- 2 Diving compressors
- Watermaker 200L/H and Ice Maker
- 4 Refrigerators
- 2 Freezers
- Navigation Raymarine Satellite Phone
- JVC Sound system (160W) with 4 Outside speakers, 2 Inside speakers
- 5 LCD and DVD systems in the Living room, and in each cabin
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Dishwashing machine
- 4 Double Cabins, each with Air-condition, TV, DVD, Sound syatem and Shower room
- 6 Diving cylinders
- Safety equipment EPIRB
- ZODIAC - inflatable central consol boat with 40 power suspended engine
Inclusions and Exclusions
Included in this 10-days Cruise Package
- Return transfer from hotel/airport – boat – to hotel/airport
- Full Board stay consisting of 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Selection of drinks, such as beer, variety of soft drinks & water
- 10 days cruise experience
- Catamaran Charter
- 3 Staff members
- Diving instructor
- Insurance MSDA
- Dives (number of dives depends on the weather condition, normally 3 dives per day)
Not Included in the Package
- Permit fees for foreigners (application minimum 35 days before the trip) – 5000 Rs per person
- International flights to Mauritius
- Meals and accommodation in Mauritius before and after the cruise
- Spirits, wine, items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides and boat staff
- Personal travel & medical insurance
Temperatures range between 25°C - 30°C. Wind averages 15knots.
Medical & Health Requirements:
Mandatory emergency medical evacuation insurance. A Yellow Fever certificate is required if travelling from a Yellow Fever infected area.
Satellite Phone & Communications:
St Brandon islands have no mobile network; however the Catamaran is equipped with a satellite phone available 24/7 which can be used by guests at an additional cost.
Caring for the Environment:
We take impeccable care of the ocean by keeping a strict waste policy: nothing is thrown in the water, all our waste returns back to the shore, where it is properly being disposed. Additionally, the boat is cleaned with non-caustic detergents to keep the coral reef alive. The catamaran is also equipped with solar panels, to keep the carbon footprint minimal. The catamaran is specially designed for providing a high standard of comfort and at the same time to be environment friendly.
For safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is prohibited during sailing (Mauritius-St Brandon, St Brandon-Mauritius); otherwise s this will be considered responsibility of the guest. Alcohol such as beers and local wine are available during the cruise. Should you would like to bring your own favorite beverages, you can do so and there is no corkage fee.
Bed Linen and Towels Change
The cabins will be cleaned twice a day and the bed linen will be replaced twice a day, towels are also available on-board and will be changed upon request.
- We recommend spending 1 night in Mauritius for adaptation before the beginning of the trip to St. Brandon on-board the Luxury Catamaran.
- For non Mauritians, it is required to provide a copy of their passport at least 35 days in advance prior the trip, providing enough time to issue all permits required for the St. Brandon trip
- Since the lagoon of St. Brandon is home to stingrays and cone shells, it is very important to bring with you proper sea/water footwear.
- For those without any previous diving experience, it is possible to have your PADI diving course done as part of the cruise, enabling to enjoy both an unforgettable cruise experience, as well as obtaining your diving license.
- It is compulsory for all divers to take the MSDA (Mauritius Scuba Diving Association) insurance, moreover we advise clients to take a travel insurance that covers ‘Scuba Diving’, in case of an incident.
Note: Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask, snorkel and fins.
Do you still have a doubt in your mind? We hope not! Diving on St Brandon is really unique, impossible to compare!
- Exclusive-Private 10 days trip to St. Brandon (Bare Boat): 22,900 Euro
- Supplement per passenger (up to 8 passengers): 1,900 Euro / person
Please note that
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing or respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.
This activity is not available until further notice
Dear Customer, to book this activity please contact us on +230 269 1000.