Catamaran Cruise - Flat Island & Lunch & Open Bar
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 16:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask, snorkel and fins.|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
This day cruise takes you to the famous Flat Island found at the North of Mauritius for you to spend a day full of sun and relaxation, enjoying delicious food, drinks and fun.
You will enjoy an unforgettable cruising experience on a luxury 42 ft Catamaran from Grand Bay to Flat Island. Once on Flat Island you will get to stay on the beautiful white sand beaches, snorkel inside the lagoons and explore the local marine line. Discover this amazing paradise island, offering the perfect setting for a relaxing day of sun worship.
- A full day of true relaxation and fun sailing to Flat Island on a Catamaran
- Sail through crystal clear lagoons and witness breathtaking views
- BBQ lunch served along with a huge variety of beverages and drinks
- Explore a beautiful 40-min trail leading all the way up to a beautiful lighthouse
- Opportunity to discover marine life - Flat Island is a very popular venue for snorkelers, and also offers great dive sites
- Possibility to see whales as well as dolphins
Catamaran Cruise to Flat Island - Cruise Includes:
- All Inclusive Cruise Experience
- Visit to Flat Island
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Large Selection of Soft Drinks
- A full open bar service offering a selection of beverages, including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Snorkeling equipment provided
- Security measures
- Music - CD Player upon request & from own selection
Note: Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask,snorkel and fins.
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any place / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Grand Bay - North Region
|Duration:||The duration of this trip is 7 hours|
|The Catamaran cruise is operational all days|
|Departure time:||09:00 from the jetty of Sunset Boulevard Grand Bay|
|Return time:||16:00 at the jetty of Sunset Boulevard Grand Bay|
- As part of the cruise, you will sail through the crystal clear water of the lagoon, and then head to the open sea having breathtaking scenery all around.
- You will enjoy the beautiful view of Coin De Mire Island.
- In front of Flat island you will have a snorkeling break (snorkeling equipment is provided).
- Then a full delicious BBQ lunch buffet will be set either on the catamaran or on Flat Island’s main beach (depending on the day). With an open bar service offering a selection of beverages, including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks will be at your disposal.
- You can choose to stay on the beautiful beach, enjoy a sun bath, or have a nice walk along the beach.
- On the way back, you will enjoy some music and entertainment accompanied with drinks.
Catamaran Cruise Day Cruise to Flat Island
Day full of sun, drinks, delicious food and a lot of fun and relaxation!
Sail through the crystal clear water of the lagoons, then head to the open sea having breathtaking scenery all around as you make your way to Flat Island. The day cruise includes BBQ lunch served on the Catamaran, as well as selection of drinks and beverages served throughout the day.
The catamaran cruise starts at 09h00, departing from Grand Bay.
The sailing time is around 1.5 hours before reaching Flat Island. Flat Island is the largest of the northern islands. Flat Island is also completely flat, except for its one and only hill which is topped by a beautiful lighthouse (there is a beautiful 40 minute trail leading all the way up to the lighthouse).
Sometimes during this trip you will be able to see whales as well as dolphins. If this happens, the crew will stop the boat, in order for you to observe these great animals from close in their natural environment.
At around 12.30 you will enjoy a full delicious BBQ lunch buffet on the Catamaran. Please note that the menu includes fish, chicken and sausages served with a variety of side dishes and fresh salads. If you are a vegetarian, please advise us before, so we can arrange the necessary additions to the lunch.
An added bonus for this excursion is that you can enjoy a full open bar service offering a selection of beverages, including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
After lunch you can choose to stay on the beautiful white sand beaches, enjoy a sun bath in the calm lagoon, or have a nice walk along the beaches or even up the hill to the lighthouse where you could have breathtaking views of all 5 Northern.
Flat Island is an amazing paradise island, offering the perfect setting for a relaxing day of sun worship. It is a great place to enjoy a day of relaxation and fun on one of the picture-postcard beaches or enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the sea.
At around 14:30, you will leave Flat Island, heading back to Grand Bay. During the sail back light snacks and drinks are provided. Friendly crew members will share jokes, local tales and also local Mauritian Music which will lift the spirits of all the people on board.
Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 16:00.
About Flat Island
Flat Island, known as Île Plate in French, is located near Round Island, at the extreme north of Mauritius, about 11 kilometers north of Cap Malheureux, the Mauritius' mainland's northernmost point. It houses one of the two working lighthouses in Mauritius.
Flat Island (size of 253 hectares, is the largest of the northern islets) is mostly flat, but has a single hill topped by a lighthouse. The vegetation is heavily modified.
North of Flat Island is Pigeon Rock, a spectacular bare rock stack, where many seabirds come for nesting.
Flat Island is a very popular venue for snorkelers, and also offers great dive sites. The island offers beautiful beaches with crystal clear turquoise water.
Private or Exclusivity VIP option
The Activity can be done on both exclusivity as well as sharing basis; it's up to you to choose.
Get the ultimate VIP experience you deserve with personalised service, upscale treatment and maximum privacy. Call us on +230 269 1000 to Book this activity on a private-exclusive basis.
- Sun block cream for sun protection
Enjoy selection of snacks and drinks on-board the catamaran:
|Price per Adult||45 Euro|
|Price per Child (ages 3-9)||30 Euro|
|Price per Baby (ages 0-2)||Free of Charge|
Prompt and always helpful.