Exclusive Seaplane Tour of the Underwater Waterfall –Southwest
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Duo option is unavailable until further notice
Exclusive Seaplane Tour of the Underwater Waterfall – Explore the Southwest of Mauritius from High Above
Fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the Exclusive Seaplane Tour of the Underwater Waterfall specially designed for those seeking a unique way of discovering the island. The seaplane will take off in the panoramic southern area of Mauritius where you will have the chance to contemplate the pristine beauty of the region from its coastal fishing villages, along with the magnificent topography including colourful houses, green trees, and winding streets on land.
We offer you an amazing tour aboard a seaplane offering the unique thrill of a water take-off and captivating views of the Indian Ocean like never before. Enjoy the unique privilege to fly on a private seaplane, with just you and the pilot onboard. While flying over the spectacular Underwater Waterfall and important landmarks in the south-western part of the island, the aircraft will allow you to have an optimal view along with a 360° viewing angle.
The beautiful underwater waterfall, an optical illusion, is located near the shores of Le Morne Brabant in the South-West of Mauritius. The illusion is the result from the movement of sand and silt sediments under the influence of powerful underwater currents. A true wonder not to be missed, the underwater waterfall is absolutely breathtaking and only visible from high above.
Additionally, you will have the wonderful opportunity of enjoying magnificent aerial views of the majestic Le Morne mountain, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located near the underwater waterfall.
Optional DUO Flight: Bring someone along and share the experience. 2 Identical seaplanes which give you the opportunity of flying side by side while communicating by radio.
Choose between the following Private Seaplane Flights:
- 15 minutes flight - Fly over the Underwater Waterfall Illusion
- 25 minutes flight - Underwater Waterfall Illusion + Extended Seaplane flight
- 40 minutes flight - The most Popular Option. Underwater waterfall Illusion + unique bird’s eye view of Mauritius’ Southern coast and a UNESCO World Heritage Site - Le Morne Mountain
- 60 minutes flight - Get all the perks of the options above for 1 hour. Explore the southern coasts, Blue Bay Marine Park + Underwater waterfall Illusion and UNESCO World Heritage Site - Le Morne Mountain
- DUO option (one time fee) - For any of the options chosen, two passengers in two different seaplanes fly side by side
Additional Information about the Sights on the West coast of Mauritius
The phenomenal Underwater Waterfall in Mauritius is one of the most unique geological formations in the world. Located on the southern-west tip of the island, this dramatic and out of the ordinary geological phenomenon offers an outstanding sight.
Mauritius happens to sit on an ocean shelf raised above seabed level. Off this particular coast, a gradual slope is noticed, abruptly ending in a 4000-meter-deep abyssal drop. Thanks to this marine topography, various shades of blue are visible, due to the constant movement of sand and silt deposits along these slopes. It is this unique harmony of shades which create the wondrous optical illusion known as the underwater waterfall.
Le Morne Mountain
The symbolic Le Morne Brabant is a majestic mountain located in the South Western part of Mauritius, on the Le Morne peninsula. The majestic mountain has been declared as a World Heritage site by the UNESCO since July 6, 2008 to commemorate the Maroonage (runaway slaves) legacy in Mauritius. It is believed that the slaves were committing suicide by jumping off the cliff of the mountain due to the very inhumane treatment they suffered.
Le Morne Brabant is one of the most preserved and wildest mountains of the island. It is a habitat to a very large variety of endemic and narrow-endemic species, such as the rare Trochetia Boutoniana, which is the floral emblem of Mauritius.
About the TL Ultralight TL-3000 Sirius Aircraft
The refined aircraft features high-wing design and elegant contours, setting new benchmarks in comfort and ergonomics. The well-appointed cockpit offers high comfort levels with upholstered, deluxe body-contoured seats. In the cockpit you will also get to enjoy a 360° view and low noise levels, that make for a truly enjoyable and memorable experience.
An experienced pilot, trained according to global safety standards, will guide you throughout your amazing trip.
Model: Ultralight TL-3000
Cruising Speed: 170 km/h
Cabin Width: 1.13m
Crew: 1 Pilot
Passenger Capacity: 1 passenger
- Operating Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 09h00 – 16h00
- Tuesday & Thursday: 09h00 – 17h00
- Saturday: 09h00 – 12h30
- Transportation: Offered as Supplement
- Duration: 15, 25, 40 or 60-minutes flight
- The seaplane is suitable for only one passenger at a time.
- Age Requirement: Minimum Age 8. A consent form must be signed for participants under 18 years old.
- Height Restriction: Maximum height of 2.1m
- Weight Restriction: Maximum weight of 120kg
- Safety: Pregnant women should consult their doctor if they wish to participate.
- Weather: Please note that the activity depends on weather conditions and tides.
- 15-Minute Flight over the Underwater waterfall only - 130 Euros
- 25-Minute Flight over the Underwater waterfall + Extended Seaplane flight - 195 Euros
- 40-Minute Flight over the Underwater waterfall + Mru’s Southern coast and a UNESCO World Heritage Site - 290 Euros
- 60-Minute Flight over the Underwater waterfall + southern coasts + Blue Bay Marine Park + and UNESCO World Heritage Site - Le Morne Mountain - 395 Euros
- DUO option - 50 Euros (one time fee)
Duo option is unavailable until further notice