Exclusive Swim With Dolphins + Visit Benitiers Island + Lunch
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Duration||7 hrs 30 mins|
|Activity Time||07:00 - 14:30|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Direct pick-up/drop off by boat from hotels situated at the South West coast (for supplement)|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Enjoy an Exclusive and Private Full-day activity of swimming with dolphins in Mauritius, including a visit to the Island of Benitiers and a delicious lunch
Treat yourself and your friends / family / partners to a special day of adventure and fun specially tailored for your full satisfaction and enjoyment!. It is a unique dolphins activity done on a speed boat. This is definitely one of the best things to do in Mauritius.
Advantages of the Exclusive trip
- Enjoy an exclusive private trip for only you and your partners
- Enjoy private swimming with the dolphins
- Enjoy a fully customized cruise course according to your wishes
- Experience cruising in a speed boat
- You set the schedule and decide when to take a break and when to stop the boat for snorkeling
- Receive personal care and guidance from the boat’s staff
As part of the trip you will enjoy
- 2.5 hours at sea, swimming with the dolphins
- Exclusive trip to the beautiful island of Benitiers
- Visit the Crystal Rock and have a magnificent view of le the Morne Mountain
- A delicious private lunch on the island
- Enjoy some relaxation time - have the leisure to tan on the beach or else walk around the endless beach of the island
- Explore the amazing lagoons and coral reefs around the island
This is a unique chance to discover these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
Swimming with dolphins is an incredibly moving experience which will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes and wonderful animals.
You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these powerful marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins.
Unlike many other dolphin facilities that limit a swim with dolphins program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in open sea.
Once you get on board the speed boat, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have.
The briefing will also include such aspects as
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
Then you will be off for a wonderful two and half hours in the open sea....
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
After the 2.5 hours outing with the dolphins, you will be traveling to L’ile aux Benitiers for lunch and spend the afternoon in a magnificent lagoon. You will also visit to the Crystal Rock and have a magnificent view on the Le Morne Mountain.
The wonderful cooks will start preparing the lunch as soon as you will be on the island and within an hour you will be eating a delicious menu of:
Grilled Kebabs, Seafood and Fish, Chicken, Sausages, Garlic Bread, Salads, Dessert: Banana Flambe, Drinks: Soda,Coca, Sprite, Water, Fruit Juice, Wine and Beer.
After lunch you can enjoy some relaxation time - have the leisure to tan on the beach, walk around the endless beach of the island or explore the amazing lagoons and coral reefs around the island.
- This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity enough time in advance.
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
- This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the dolphins in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the Dolphins sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the dolphins and more time will be spent on the journey there and back.
- This trips departs from the West Coast from the area of Tamarin.
- The duration of this excursion is from 07:00 – 14:30
- Upon request we can also arrange your transport from and back to your hotel.
- Note: clients with limited mobility need to specify their weight
- What to bring: Snorkeling equipment, Sun, Towels, Swimming suit (already on), Hats, change of clothes
- Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask, snorkel and fins.
- Depending on the conditions, lunch may be served aboard the vessel or on the island
A little information about Dolphins in Mauritius
Dolphins are one of the most fantastic creatures that live in the ocean. The dolphins - cheerful and playful, symbol of intelligence and grace.
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
The Bottlenose Dolphin is one of the most common and well-known dolphins. Bottlenose Dolphins are Grey in color and can be between 2 and 4 meters (6.6 and 13 ft) long, and weigh between 150 and 650 kilograms (330 and 1,400 lb). Bottlenose Dolphins live in groups called pods that typically are of 15 dolphins, but it is also possible to find groups of over 100 or even occasionally over 1000 dolphins. Their diet consists mainly of small fish.
The Spinner Dolphin is dark gray, with darker patches in the tail stock, back and throat. Usually it has creamy-white patch on the belly though this varies considerably. The beak is distinctively long and thin, with a dark tip. The fins too are lengthy for dolphins of this size. Adults have varied in size from 129 cm to 235 cm and weight from 23 kg to 78 kg. The gestation period is 10 months. Individuals reach maturity at 4-7 years (females) and 7-10 years (males). Longevity is unknown. Spinners congregate in groups that vary from just a few dolphins to great schools numbering in the thousands.
- Price for the Exclusive Swim with Dolphins including visit to the Island of Benitiers (boat hire only) for up to 8 participants: 395 Euro
- Price per participant (Lunch & Drinks):29 Euro /person
Important Details to Submit
In order to process your booking, client MUST provide the following details at the comment box during the order process:
- Name of each participant as per the passports
Amazing excursion and experience. The team was very helpful and we had an amazing day. Thank you Dolswim for always delivering