Luxury Flat Island Catamaran Cruise + Gourmet Lunch
|Operating Days||Tuesday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 17:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Luxury Flat Island Catamaran Cruise + Gourmet Lunch
This catamaran cruise is all about true luxury.
You will get to spend a day of bliss as you relax and enjoy a day on a private beach of Flat Island in an intimate and exclusive location with personalised services and a range of facilities to provide maximum comfort.
As part of this day trip, you will enjoy sailing through the crystal clear waters with breathtaking scenery all around, visit a beautiful private white sandy beach on Flat Island, snorkel inside the lagoon, and enjoy a gourmet lunch at the Governor’s house restaurant.
- Luxury Package featuring a VIP catamaran cruise to exclusive island setting
- Swimming and snorkeling opportunities in one of the best lagoons of the Indian Ocean
- Discover the spectacular scenery of the Northern islands of Mauritius including the Gunner’s Quoin (Coin De Mire island), Gabriel Island, Round Island, Serpent Island, and of course Flat Island
- Exclusive and Private Dining Experience for Lunch
- Enjoy a personal service throughout the day with an open bar
The luxurious package includes:
- Catamaran cruise to Flat Island
- A Light breakfast after departure
- View of Fort Malartic, Cap Malheureux and other important historical sites
- Cruise past Gunner’s Quoin Island then Flat Island
- Transfers from the main beach of Flat Island to the private beach
- A day of leisure on the private beach of the exclusive Governor’s house.
- Access to all the facilities of the restaurant such as the beach bar, luxurious sunbeds, beach hammock and many more
- Delicious lunch prepared at the grill restaurant
- Private bar service offering imported drinks and cocktails
Note: Snorkeling equipment is not provided due to sanitary measures. Clients are requested to bring their own - mask,snorkel and fins.
Public Beach, Grand Baie, Northern Region
|Duration:||The duration of this trip is 8 hours|
|Departure Time:||09:00 Sunset Boulevard Grand Bay|
|Return Time:||17:00/ 17:30 Sunset Boulevard Grand Bay|
- 09H00 - Guest to be at sunset boulevard jetty and Departure of catamaran
- +/- 11H00 - Arrive at Flat island
- +/- 13H00 - Lunch at Governor's House
- 15H30 - departure from the restaurant
- 16H00 - departure from Flat Island
- 17H00 / 17H30 - back to sunset boulevard
Luxurious Catamaran Cruise to Flat Island Including Gourmet Lunch on a Private Beach
This cruise is all about enjoying a unique luxurious catamaran cruise, which includes a delicious dining experience at a top class restaurant located on Flat Island in a breathtaking location.
The Governor’s house is a grill restaurant situated on a private beach of Flat Island and operated with much skill and class by one of the best hotels of Mauritius.
A major highlight of the cruise is the spectacular scenery of the Northern islands of Mauritius including the Gunner’s Quoin (Coin De Mire island), Gabriel Island, Round Island, Serpent Island, and of course Flat Island which is the destination of this cruise.
The cruise starts at 09:00, departing from Sunset Boulevard Grand Bay.
After departure a light breakfast is served. You would enjoy a selection of pastries, toasts and fruits together with coffee and tea. This is an ideal light breakfast to 'kick off' a great island cruise day experience.
The vessel will set sail in the direction of Gunner’s Quoin Island (Coin De Mire island), and then to Flat Island.
The crew members will make sure your time is enjoyable, providing you with personal service throughout the cruise.
The cruise takes you along the North coast of Mauritius, sailing past Fort Malartic, Cap Malheureux and other important historical sites until reaching the high sea cliffs of Gunner’s Quoin. The Gunner’s Quoin Island with its high sea cliffs towering into the sky is quite a remarkable site. These cliffs serve as nesting grounds to large colonies of tropic birds including the famous national bird of Mauritius.
After approximately one and half hours of easy cruising, the vessel will reach its destination and stop sailing at the lagoon between Flat Island and Gabriel Island. Both islands are Government-declared Nature Reserves and are situated with very close proximity from each other (distance of 750 meters between the islands).
Upon reaching Flat Island you will be transferred from Flat Island’s main beach a distance of about 1km to the northern part of Flat Island where you will spend the day on the private beach of the Governor’s house.
The private beach features pristine white sand, crystal clear turquoise waters, beautiful coral reefs for you to discover, rich birdlife, and spectacular coastal scenery. There you will have access not only to the beach but also to all the facilities of the restaurant such as the beach bar, the VIP lounge, luxurious sun-beds, hammocks, shower and toilet.
For lunch, you will have your own private dining table, shaded and overlooking the sea. All along you will continue to enjoy a selection of refreshments, which will be served before and after lunch.
Lunch will be served around 13h00 at the Governor’s House restaurant. The restaurant offers a magical setting on a private beach at the north of Flat Island overlooking Round Island and Snake Island – the most distant islands of Mauritius.
The design of the Governor’s House restaurant is very unique; it is actually an old ruin, dating from the 19th century, which was brought to life with much style for providing all its visitors a very unique dining experience.
About Flat Island
Flat Island, known as Île Plate in French, is located near Round Island, at the extreme north of Mauritius. It houses one of the two working lighthouses in Mauritius.
Flat Island, the largest of the northern islets, is mostly flat, but has a single hill topped by a lighthouse. The vegetation is very rich with a large variety of plants. North of Flat Island is Pigeon Rock, a spectacular bare rock stack, where many seabirds come for nesting.
Flat Island is a very popular venue for snorkelers, and also offers great dive sites. The island offers beautiful beaches with crystal clear turquoise water.
- Sun block cream for sun protection
- Spare set of clothes and towel
- Mosquito repellent
Luxury Flat Island Catamaran Cruise - Gourmet Lunch Menu
|Price per Adult||125 Euros|
|Price per Child: (ages 5-12)||65 Euros|
|Price per Adult||155 Euros|
Excellent knowledge of the island, exceptionally good food, caring stuff, perfect expiriance