Mauritius Segway Safari Trip
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||The park is open daily from 9am to 5pm, except on Saturdays until 9pm for Casela By Night | Excursion is offered at these times of the day: 09:15 / 11:15 / 14:00 / 15:30. Maximum weight limit of 100 kg.|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
This Activity Is Not Operational Until Further Notice
Experience a unique Segway trip in Mauritius in a beautiful Safari Park.
Enjoy a 1 hour trip on a Segway at the 4,500 hectares of the Mauritius' Yemen natural reserve park, situated on the South West of Mauritius and known as the Safari of Mauritius.
This trip will give you a unique travel experience on the modern Segway transporter, while discovering the beautiful nature and the wildlife of the Yemen reserve safari park.
The Yemen nature reserve offers the ideal setting for the Segway trip. More than a standard Segway excursion, this is a trip through a real safari.
The park is home to herds of Java deer (around 9,000), wild boars, hares, macaque monkeys, mongoose, zebras, ostriches, African antelopes and the fruit bats. Abundant indigenous and exotic plants such as ebony, cassias, tamarind, pink pepper and many more grow in this amazing natural reserve. This is why a visit to the Yemen Reserve is like stepping into the middle of the African Savannah.
With the help of the Segway you will get to ride through the beautiful nature reserve with ease and speed (up to 20 km/ hour) and to cover a big area of the park.
What is the Segway? It is the leading personal (1 person), environment friendly, green transportation vehicle in the world. It is a two-wheeled vehicle, with a self-balancing system, which offers you natural, intuitive, and very easy control.
To go on this trip, no previous experience is needed. You don’t need to have a driving license or have any experience in riding the Segway.
The excursion starts with a 15 minutes initial training on the Segway so you will be sure to ride with maximum confidence and ease.
Following the initial training and briefing, the trip will start riding inside the beautiful Yemen park safari.
Throughout the trip you will be led by the experienced guides of the park, explaining you about the flora, fauna and animals you will see and encounter during the trip.
- Departure Time: The segway excursions are offered 4 times a day at: 09:15 / 11:15 / 14:00 / 15:30.
- The Segway Excursion is suitable from the age of 12 years old
- Duration of the segway trip: 1 hour
- Duration of the entire visit to the park: 3-5 hours
- Maximum group size: The Segway Safari trips are kept at a maximum of eight participants
- Weight limit for the Segway is 40-100 kg
- As part of the Segway excursion there is a 15 minutes initial training on using the Segway
- No previous experience and no driving license are needed for riding the Segway
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
Important: The Segway Excursion is done at the Yemen Reserve which is part of Casela World of Adventures. Accordingly, we offer you to purchase the Segway Excursion together with the entry tickets to the park.
About the Casela World of Adventures: The Mauritius Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Visit to the park includes
- Toboggan (Avalanche Mines) - a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster – an adrenaline-inducing alpine coaster that runs along 800m. Perfect for all thrill seekers. It can be ridden solo or in tandem.
- Walk thru the aviary - Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo - This great value tour lets you find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes, white rhinoceros, impalas and kudus during a unique safari tour on-board one of the safari vehicles.
- Big Cats Kingdom - For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, caracal and tigers.
- Giraffe and pygmy hippo viewing - Come face to face with these majestic animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel and llama viewing - Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Monkey Kingdom - have some fun watching the long-tailed monkeys skip and hop about, in their enriched, natural habitat.
- Kid’s playground - A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- 3D Interactive Map and 4D Cinema
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster: Riders can go solo as from 12 years old (minimum height 1m40) or in tandem. Those under 4 years old should be accompanied by an adult
- The park is open every day except on the 25th December and 1st January
Additional activities offered at the Park
- Walk with Lions
- Drive Thru
- Safari Quad Biking
- Zip Lines Excursion
- Big Cats Interactions
- Interaction with Rhinos
- Half Day Canyoning Excursion – Rivière Papayes
A little more about Segway
The Segway is a two-wheeled, personal transportation vehicle, it is self-balancing electric vehicle produced by Segway USA.
Computers and motors in the base of the device keep the Segway upright when powered on with balancing enabled. Users lean forward to go forward, lean back to go backward, and turn by using a "Lean Steer" handlebar, leaning it left or right.
Segway are driven by electric motors at up to a speed of 20 km / hour.
The Segway is built simply to stay balanced in one place. It is designed to mirror the process of human walking.
The Segway intuitively balances the way humans do—moving forward and backward, responding to changes in your body's position. There is no accelerator and no brakes.
All you have to do is to lean forward and you move forward. Straighten up and you stop. If you lean back, then you move back. To turn, rotate the steering grip under your wrist in either direction.
The operation of the Segway is natural, intuitive, enjoying and very easy, and is one of the primary reasons Segway has become so popular.
This Activity Is Not Operational Until Further Notice
- Segway Excursion: 29 Euro / person
- Visit of the Casela World of Adventures Park (Entry tickets): 17 Euro / person