|Operating Hours||09:00 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Weight Restriction: max up to 90kg|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Parasailing in Mauritius - Overview
Soaring above with nothing but blue skies above and the clear waters below is something most can only dream of. For those looking for the exciting thrill of being in between air and sea, Parasailing is just what you need!
Parasailing in Mauritius offers you the chance to experience the island from a different perspective. Safely harnessed and strapped in, you can float away in the air and watch the tropical scenery unfold before your eyes, completely unobstructed. This is definitely one of the must-do activities during your holiday in Mauritius.
Highlights of this activity:
- Experience a Thrilling Parasailing Sensation Activity with an added boat trip
- Choose to parasail in the best spots of the island - North or East Coast
- Get unobstructed panoramic views of the coast and the lagoon
- Optional "touch and go" during the parasailing activity for a refreshing dip in the waters
- Choose to ride solo or share the experience with someone - Single or Double Parasailing options are offered
Parasailing in Mauritius - Inclusions
- Choice between North or Each coast for Parasailing activity
- Speed Boat trip
- Up to 12 minutes of Parasailing in the air
- Safety measures including briefing and secured harness to the parasail
- Lifejacket will be provided
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
North: Mont Choisy Public Beach or Trou aux Biches Public Beach
East: Belle Mare or Ile Aux Cerfs
|Parasailing in the North & Ile Aux Cerfs:||Everyday|
|Parasailing at Belle Mare:||Everyday except Mondays|
|Activity Time:||09:00 - 16:00/ 17:00|
Parasailing Activity in Mauritius
Parasailing offers you a breathtaking bird's eye view of the beautiful lagoon and beaches of Mauritius, making it one of the best things to do during your vacation in Mauritius.
What is Parasailing? Parasailing, also known as parascending, is an activity where a person is towed behind a boat while attached to a specially designed parachute, known as a parasail. The boat then drives off, carrying the parascender into the air. If the boat is powerful enough, two or three people can parasail behind it at the same time.
The parasailing begins with a short safety briefing. Then you will be taken by boat to the launch pad where you will later take off and start the parasailing activity. Be sure to enjoy the boat trip where you can take in the clear tropical breeze, watch the waves and the golden shoreline from the boat.
Once you’ve reached the launch zone, you’ll be strapped in. Only after the ground assistants will check the rig and the flight harness will they signal the boat driver to start the engine and gradually accelerate the boat. You will slowly take off from the launch pad for a flight above the beautiful lagoon. As you drift up in the air, no steering is actually necessary as the sail follows the course of the boat. So you can take in all the amazing views and enjoy the feeling of weightlessness without any worries.
It is also optional to do a "touch and go", which means that on the way down, instead of just reeling back onto the boat, you will fly for a while above the ocean and then be lowered down for a dip in the sea before going up again while enjoying a very refreshing plunge.
Parasailing Locations in Mauritius
Mauritius Attractions offers you to enjoy parasailing in several different locations in Mauritius - the North or East Coast.
You can choose to experience parasailing in any of the following locations:
- Mont Choisy Public Beach or
- Trou aux Biches Public Beach
- Belle Mare or
- Trou D’eau Douce or
- Ile aux Cerfs *
* Note: The Parasailing activity at Ile Aux Cerfs is done at the Ile Aux Cerfs Island and in order to get access to the Island a 2-way boat transfer is required. For an additional cost, we can also arrange for your boat transfer to the Island.
Parasailing in Mauritius Duration
The total duration of this excursion is of about 25-30 minutes, including a parasail flight of up to 12 minutes, where you will reach a height of about 60 metres. The duration of the parasail flight differs between the locations as detailed here below:
- North (Mont Choisy or Trou aux Biches): 8-12 mins
- Belle Mare: 3-4 mins
- Trou d'Eau Douce / Ile aux Cerfs Island: 5-7 mins
- There are no particular physical restrictions
- Age Restriction: As from 6-8 years old (accompanied). As from 11 years on their own.
- Weight Restriction: max up to 90kg
|North (Mont Choisy or Trou aux Biches)||42 Euros|
|Belle Mare - Single Parasailing||38 Euros|
|Belle Mare - Double Parasailing||45 Euros|
|Trou d'Eau Douce / Ile aux Cerfs Island||54 Euros|
It was little hard to find the spot for the activity, but to sum up it was smooth and alright.