Quad Biking & Buggy at Vallée des Couleurs
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Duration: 1 hour or 2 hours. You can choose either Single or Double Quad bike or Buggys. Min Age: 16 (Driver) / 7 (Passenger)|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Quad Biking & Buggy at Vallée des Couleurs
Enjoy a thrilling activity on four wheels riding your Quad biking or Buggy in a beautiful natural setting rich with waterfalls, rivers, forests and unique geological wonders.
The quad bike activity takes place in Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park, one the most stunning nature reserves in Mauritius located at the very south of the island.
The unspoiled beauty of the nature park captures every heart and soul. It is home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert. You can see various endemic trees like Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and other rare plants.
This is a great opportunity to explore the nature side of the island including green vegetation, spectacular views of the waterfalls, the world famous 23 Coloured Earth and rich wildlife, while enjoying an exciting quad bike/buggy ride!
The quad biking at Vallée des Couleurs includes:
- 1 hour / 2 hours of quad-biking activity on a single/double quad or a buggy activity
- Quad bike/buggy driving training and test drive
- Experienced guides by your side during the duration of the trip
- Opportunity to ride a quad/buggy in one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Mauritius – home to numerous waterfalls, the 23 Coloured Earth, various indigenous plants and much more.
About the Quad Biking/Buggy at Vallée des Couleurs
Enjoy 1 hour or 2 hours quad biking (or buggy) adventure in one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Mauritius – La Vallée des Couleurs.
More than just a quad bike/buggy ride, this is a nature discovery trip unveiling the true beauty of the south of Mauritius.
Setting off for a bit of quad biking/buggy ride at Vallée des Couleurs brings real pleasure to all your senses. You will be driving through muddy banks, crossing rivers and heading uphill, driving up and down steep (but safe) trails.
Joining this quad biking adventure, you can enjoy this amazing experience riding a single seat quad or on a double-seat quad sharing with your partner. You also have the choice of having a buggy vehicle which can accommodate a family of 2 adults and 1 child. Children aged 7 and above can enjoy this wonderful quad biking activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike.
The quad bike/buggy trip allows one to discover the magnificent landscapes of Vallée des Couleurs while observing the wild animals in their habitat. The excursion starts with an initial training on driving and maneuvering the quad bike/buggy so you will be sure to ride with maximum confidence and ease. After a last check of the four-wheel vehicle, it takes a few minutes to initiate the quad bike.
The quad bike/buggy enters deep into the unspoilt wilderness of Vallée des Couleurs riding the trails into a ‘new world’ of adventure, ideal for nature and wildlife admirers! This excursion is not only exciting, but educational also as you will be informed on the habitat of the rare and endemic species such as the Bois de Natte, Takamaka and others.
The trip will take you for a unique journey with remarkable views of the entire nature park; its many canyons, hill and waterfalls while riding your quad bike/buggy. With some luck, you will also get to see the stags in their natural habitat on the hills.
After the amazing quad biking/buggy excursion, you will have some free time to explore La Vallée des Couleurs on its many unique nature spots or experience one of the other activities offered at the park.
Additional Info - About the Quad Bikes
For a more thrilling, high-speed adventure, opt for the 500cc Quad Bike, which is perfect for more experienced riders. Equipped with automatic speed and power steering, this quad is ideal for muddy tracks, mountainous terrains and crossing rivers.
Vallée des Couleurs Lunch Package (Optional)
As part of this Quad Biking/buggy package, we offer you to enjoy a 3 course set lunch menu (Starter, Main Course, Side Dish, Dessert and a Drink) served at the park’s restaurant the La Citronnelle. Nature lovers are bound to like the restaurant as it is literally found in nature's lap, offering a unique lunch experience in the midst of the indigenous fauna and flora of the park.
At La Citronnelle, you have a choice between two menus for lunch– a traditional Mauritian set menu (Menu B) or an International BBQ grilled menu (Menu A). The restaurant also offers a special child-friendly menu and dishes, directly available on the spot.
The 2 proposed lunch menus to choose from:
- Green Chedard Salad
- Grilled Chicken French
- Ice Cream
- ½ Bottle water and Juice
- Mauritian Fish salad with lemon dressing
- Chicken and Prawn Cream Curry
- Ice Cream
- Bottle water and Juice
About Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park
Located in the South of Mauritius, La Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park is one of the most famous and unique attractions of the island which fascinates Mauritians as well as foreigners.
Nature lovers are bound to love Vallée des Couleurs; it offers a unique experience with the indigenous fauna and flora alongside various fun activities and excursions, suitable for all ages. Visitors are treated with a range of natural landscapes, including plateaus, mountains, valleys, craters and crater-lakes.
The visit of Vallée des Couleurs begins with access to the park’s exhibition room. This is provides an outline of the different places of interest which you will discover through your visit to this domain-park.
You will also enjoy the visit to the fern garden, without which, any visit of Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park would be incomplete. This is where you get to see the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other native flowers like Trochetia (Boucle d’oreille/Earring) and Bouquet Banané (achna Mauriciana), which only bloom at the end of every year
The unspoiled beauty of the land captures every heart and soul; some of the domain’s landmarks such as the remarkable 23 Coloured Earths has gain reputation worldwide as a ‘must visit’ site in Mauritius. The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert, amongst others. Various endemic trees like Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and some other rare plants also contribute to the beauty of the nature park
Additional packages offered at La Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park:
- This quad biking/buggy activity at Vallée des Couleurs is offered anytime between 09:00 – 17:00.
- The nature park is open every day, 365 days a year (including 25th December and 1st January).
- Duration of the quad biking/buggy activity: 1 hour
- You have to be 16 years old and above to drive a quad and a height of at least 1m35.
- Children aged 7 and above can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike.
- For the buggy, you need to be 16 years old and above to drive the buggy on your own.
- An initiation circuit is compulsory for the guides to evaluate the driving capacity of each client before starting the activity.
- Lunch Hours at La Citronnelle restaurant: 11:00 – 14:00
- Quad bikes Brands: Can-Am 500cc automatic
- Vehicle Capacity: for the buggy: 2 Adults + 1 Child (aged 5-6 years old). For the quad bike: 2 adults or 1 adult + 1 child (7 years old and above).
- What to wear: proper protective clothing, helmet, gloves, eye protection and appropriate footwear (preferably boots or closed shoes)
- The Quad Bike is done at Vallée des Couleurs; accordingly, we offer you to book the quad biking/buggy ride together with the entry tickets to the reserve.
- Restriction: Pregnant women are not allowed to participate for security reasons
- What to bring: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sun cream, cap and mosquito repellent, spare set of clothes, and camera
Visit of Vallée des Couleurs (Entry tickets):
- Price per Adult (12 years old and above): 9 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 6-11): 5 Euro
- Price per child (ages 1-5): Free of charge
1 hour quad bike:
- Price for Single quad - 500cc – 1 person on each quad bike: 65 Euro / quad (1 person)
- Price for Double quad - 500cc – 2 persons on each quad bike: 85 Euro / quad (2 people)
- Supplement for exclusive quad biking trip: 125 Euro
2 hours quad bike:
- Price for Single quad - 500cc – 1 person on each quad bike: 85 Euro / quad (1 person)
- Price for Double quad - 500cc – 2 persons on each quad bike: 120 Euro / quad (2 people)
- Supplement for exclusive quad biking trip: 160 Euro
- Price for 1 hour Buggy ride – 2 Adults + 1 Child (aged 5-6 years old) on each buggy: 89 Euro / buggy
- Supplement for exclusive buggy trip: 120 Euro
- Price per Person for lunch: 18 Euro
Great activity but see below.